On this ever-growing-mostly-thanks-to-the-million-creative-blogs To Start List, is Make a stash of homemade cards. for the following reasons:
- As adorable as some Hallmark cards are, $4-5 isn't in my budget. They're so incredibly marked up.
- Stash-busting: my scrapbook paper/embellishment stash is nearly out of hand.
- I love handmade cards: making, giving, getting. The whole shabang.
- I never have a card on hand for the occasion. (I did make a load of thank you cards for my friend as a baby shower gift a few months ago.)
- I want to write more thank-you notes for every day appreciation I have for others. (I'll post on this more, later.)
That all being said, this morning while visiting one of my favorite bloggers, the hilarious and very talented Erin at His & Hers, I saw this post. It was a great reminder and inspiration for me to get a stash of handmade cards made. I know if I sit down and do it, it won't take too long! Plus, I love making them. She's giving the 4 below away to a reader, so go check them out!
She is such a sweet person and her posts make me laugh every time. I'm 99% sure we'd be friends in real life. (Hopefully, she doesn't find that idea too stalker-ish.)