Friday, March 4, 2011

TBF List

TBF. To Be Finished. Anyone else have one of these lists that is so long, you cannot recall everything and every so often when you think of yet another project to add, it all becomes overwhelming? Yeah, me too.

If you can't relate, I'm guessing you're one of those people who is really, really good at finishing projects, does not belong to Professional Procrastinators United or gets easily distracted.

All that being said, I have never, ever understood how people (grown adults) are "bored." Get a hobby. Volunteer. Live your life! I found this yesterday on a friend from college's blog Thrifty Solutions for an Urban Gal.


I love every word on that and I'm a sucker for fun typeface stuff. Love it.

Anyways, despite my slight digression, I wanted to showcase those projects that got lost in No Deadline Land, in small hopes of getting me a little motivated to get them wrapped up upon return to the U.S. at the end of April. I know this sounds odd, but it's essentially so I don't forget about them!

1. Addison's Memory Quilt (for my niece): All of the clothing my sister picked, I cut up (reluctantly because baby clothes are just so precious), layout is done, binding, backing and border fabric has been purchased and pre-washed. Why on earth isn't this finished?!


2. Black & White Photos Scrapbooked (for my aunt): I've sorted all of the photos, organized them, picked out all the paper. Now to stick the pictures on the page, embellish and journal. No big deal.

Aren't these old photo albums great? (Minus the fact that the acidic paper ruins photos.)

3. High School Memory Quilt (for myself!): This project really hasn't been started, unless you consider all my high school shirts washed, folded and boxed up as started.

I am really excited to finally make a memory quilt from a couple dozen shirts in blue/navy and yellow/gold with Bulldogs, my high school mascot, like this one! Stay tuned for details.

4. Baby boy gifts: I know very few baby boys and finally I am really excited to make a baby care package for Ariana, one of my good friends from middle and high school who is due to have her baby in July. I have a quite a few baby item patterns I've purchased at JoAnn's 99 cent pattern sales that I want to try out. We'll see what makes the cut.

5. My first quilt: No real direction here yet. Just know I need to make one to justify my stash.

I'm going to stop there, even though I could go on with the amount of fabric I have. Those are my top 5 projects I plan on getting done by the end of summer for sure. Promise.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Mal! Thanks for the shout-out! Love checking your blog to see your whereabouts :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...