Monday, September 5, 2011

Tin of Dates Wedding Gift

Yesterday, I went to my 3rd wedding in a month. I must be at that age. I don't feel old enough to be, but alas, my birthday countdown can be measured by my two hands now. (I'm still young if I count down to my birthday, right?!) Anywho, I made this tin of dates for the bride and groom.


I saw the idea of a Can o' Dates weeks ago on Tatertots & Jello Weekend Wrap Up. It was originally posted by the Dating Divas. I thought the can was a little big and didn't want the bride and groom to have to figure out where to keep it. So, I bought this smaller tin at Michael's and cut the paper to fit inside. It is about the size of your hand, perfect for a drawer in your nightstand or desk.


I used about 30 of the date ideas from the Dating Diva's PDF file. They've got loads that are really fun and cute! This makes a unique gift the newlyweds can share for a long time. This is one of my favorites: Record a video together asking/answering questions. Great idea to give to your kids later or watch further down the road. I turned this one into a more involved, special accordian card in order to give some question ideas to start out with.


I modge podged the script "i love you" paper to the top of the tin, embellishing it with a monogram and ribbon. I loved the way it all turned out. Plus, it's great it is so small because it will be easy to transport back across the country where my newlywed friends flew home.

This is a very inexpensive gift. You could always throw in a gift card or two for the movie theater or to the couples' favorite restaurant as more of a traditional date. Here are another couple inexpensive, creative and easy wedding gift ideas I've made recently: "I love you because" frame and modge podge coasters.

And because I can't help but share a little beauty from the evening, check out these gorgeous Kate Spade shoes the bride wore.


I had a great seat at the wedding and snagged this precious picture of the bride and her dad headed for the aisle. I just love it.


Congrats Danielle & Donovan! I loved sharing your big, beautiful day with you and wish you all the best in your long, happy future together.

11 comments:

  1. That is such a cute idea!! You are SO talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute idea! 3 weddings...wow...bet it was neat to see how different they were. :)

    You may regret making those cookies tonight. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! It is so great! I have a few weddings coming up in the next few months and I'm trying to come up with some good ideas...I've got one for this upcoming weekend ready, but the others still need some help! Thanks for the tip! I'd love for you to share this at my blog party! http://notsosimplehousewife.blogspot.com/2011/09/recreate-into-something-new-5.html

    Hope to see you at my place tonight!
    Kaitlin-The Not So Simple Housewife
    http://notsosimplehousewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is such a fun idea, mallory! it'd even be good for anniversaries. wanted to let you know too that yours was one of the most viewed at last week's party, so you'll be featured tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning gift ideas i like your blog this is also interested thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch for the kind words and for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Very interesting wedding gifts ideas here. :D Keep up the good writing dear author!

    Wedding Gift Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! Can you share the PDF for the video questions?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing such type of awesome and interesting information.
    Navaratri Return Gifts Online | Best Wedding Return Gifts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many thanks for the exciting blog posting! I really enjoyed reading it, you are a brilliant writer. I actually added your blog to my favorites and will look forward for more updates. Great Job, Keep it up...

    Marriage Return Gifts |
    Return Gifts Online

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...