Monday, August 8, 2011

Teacher Survival Kit

My incredible friend from college, Kaycie, is starting her second year as a teacher with Teach for America. I love her passion and am so proud of everything she has done at her school. Her kids are some of the luckiest kids in the country. Anyways, last year (for her first year teaching) I made her this teacher survival kit. I filled it with things she may need throughout the year, or have forgotten on any given day.

All you need to make one for your favorite teacher is some type of container and then some school themed embellishments. I added paper to the outside and inside of the case.



Then, I added some ric-rak to the outside of the case as well as across the top with my trusty glue gun.



Finally, the most fun part, picking the items to go inside - a mixture of fun and useful stuff!


I could list out everything I made, but I think the picture above shows it clearly enough. If you have a question about anything, leave a comment and I can clarify or justify! For the final picture below, I must have forgot to take a picture of the inside once I wrote a little note on the green square, inside top of the lid.


Mrs. Metz had her first day of school today, sans kiddos. They'll be there on Wednesday. Happy new school year Kace! I miss you loads. You're the best.

6 comments:

  1. Cute! Love the deodorant--I keep some of that at school, too. :) My brother actually just started with Teach for America in Phoenix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute idea!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is cute! I am working on one right now for a "boo boo box". :) So many ideas you can use for these, too. Hopping over from Crayon Freckles Linky party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute and a nice way to show a teacher in your life a little love!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that really IS a survival kit! (i love those bra hook-thingys!!) thanks for sharing this at my tip-toe thru tuesday party! hope to see you again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My "must-haves" in my desk drawer are floss, different flavors of hot tea bags, and a box of crackers (For those days that I am too lazy to pack a lunch). Thanks for checking out my blog! I just now saw a comment you had made (back in Oct.) and I love your site!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...