Saturday, August 6, 2011

Super Tasty Banana {Chocolate Chip!} Muffins

Yet again, the brown bananas strike our fruit bowl, just like a couple week's ago when I ended up making these incredible Monkey Squares. We don't seem to be eating our bananas quick enough, which is understandable since we have so many fresh raspberries, blueberries and strawberries during theses summer months. Nevertheless, I had to try a new banana bread recipe. I branched out and used a recipe not from my favorite food blog, The Girl Who Ate Everything.


I tried Jamilynn's recipe from I {Heart} Naptime. I did alter it slightly because of the ingredients I had, or actually, didn't have on hand. Here's my slightly altered version, which actually is a smidgen less fattening for you, since I was short a 1/3 cup of sour cream. I added another 1/3 cup mashed bananas to keep the bread moist. The muffins are very tasty!

Ingredients
1 stick butter                              
1/3 c sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2/3 c sour cream
2 c flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/3 c mashed bananas
1 c milk chocolate chips
1/2 c chopped pecans (optional)

Cream butter and sugar, add eggs, vanilla and sour cream. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in separate bowl. Slowly add to sugar mixture. Fold in bananas, nuts, and chocolate chips.  Pour into 2 loaf pans or 2 muffin pans. It makes enough batter to make 10 jumbo muffins, which is what I made. Bake at 325 for 1 hour in a loaf pan or 25 min in a muffin pan. I ended up making almost all off them without chocolate chip, but added a few chips into a couple for my niece.


Check out her recipe for a super yummy sounding topping that I didn't try, only because I really don't need the extra calories right now. Hopefully next time I will indulge!

1 comment:

  1. those sound so yummy to eat with a glass of cold milk right now! thanks for sharing this at my tip-toe thru tuesday party! hope to see you again this week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...