Monday, November 21, 2011

Mint Chip Chocolate Cookies

Boy oh boy, I have been so busy! I've started volunteering at my high school alma mater with the girls' basketball team and try-outs were this past week.(Yay for 25 Before 25 List #22: Volunteer regularly.) This means I've been in the gym 2+ hours each night last week! I have loved every minute of being back in the gym, the girls are incredible and I get along really well with the coaching staff. Needless to say, I'm really looking forward to the rest of the season. I'm planning on learning how to juggle that new time commitment with this blog because I love being part of this community very much as well.

So here we go, the most recent creation, in the kitchen of course.



My best guy friend, Andy, has returned from backpacking in South America for 8+ months and so we have been catching up and I've been listening ever so jealously to his awesome adventures. (He is the one I traveled with while in Peru this past spring.) Anywho, last night, we made one of his favorite cookies together. The recipe is originally called Polka Dot Cookies, but he didn't feel that was manly enough, so Mint Chip Chocolate Cookies works, too.


Mint Chip Chocolate Cookies
found on the back of a Guittard Green Mint Chip bag

2 cups (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspooons vanilla
2 cups (12 oz) green mint chips

Preheat oven to 350.

Melt chocolate chips and butter in double broiler or microwave, being careful not to scorch the chocolate. Mix together completely.

In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt together. Set aside.

Beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl. Add the chocolate/butter mixture and combine thoroughly. Finally, mix in the dry ingredients. Dough will be less stiff than most other cookie recipes. At this point, place in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes to stiffen the dough up.


Remove the dough from the refrigerator and drop Tablespoons onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 9-10 minutes. Cookies will "crack" when done. Allow to cool before enjoying with a big glass of milk!



Admittedly, I'm actually not that big of a mint fan, so we did scoop aside a little dough to be sans mint chips. (I know, I'm crazy.) They were tasty chocolate cookies in my book and would totally make delicious double chocolate chip cookies if you added chocolate chips instead of the mint ones.

This makes me super excited to get some holiday baking done. I did start a little with Grammy last week. Recipes to come soon!


This post is linked up to some of the parties listed under my Show & Tell tab at the top of the page. Go check them out for more inspiration!    

9 comments:

  1. These look yummy! And sound manly. ;) How cool that you're volunteering at your alma mater!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yummy! These definitely scream holiday!
    Thanks for sharing!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. um yum!!! Mint Choclate Chip Icecream is my fav! This sounds delicious!!! I would love for you to share it at Totally Inspired Tuesdays at The Inspired Collection, its going on now! Hope you will link up and share this yummy treat!

    Kelli
    www.theinspiredcollection.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound delicious. I don't see how anyone can not be a big mint fan. I love the stuff. I love your blog. I'm your newest follower.
    Would love to see you DIY Home Sweet home.
    Jamie
    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    P.S. I have a linky every Monday. Would love for you to stop by and link up.
    P.S.S. I have giveaway going on right now. Would love you to stop by and check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a bag of those mint chips that I bought when they were on sale and I didn't know what to make with them - I will have to try these cookies! You should come and enter my Vanilla Bean Paste giveaway! http://eatcakefordinner.blogspot.com/2011/11/vanilla-bean-paste-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look awesome! I love the crackled look. And Guittard chips are awesome too. Thanks for sharing on Crazy Sweet Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!

    Thank you so much for linking this yumminess up to my party! I featured them! If you want to grab a button please do! AND come link up some more!

    Have a great night!
    Kirsten
    www.mushkiloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look amazing! I am trying hard to wait until the holidays for sweets but I might need to make a batch of these.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woot woot for volunteering - and making cookies that look absolutely delicious. I really should find myself somewhere to volunteer. It's good to give back. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...