Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Lil Smokies Sauce

I am sort of surprised I haven't posted this before, but really should have done so before Super Bowl. Oh well, that's what pinterest is for, right? Pin it and save it for March Madness parties or whatever your next function is, because it is insanely simple.

Next time you're at the grocery store, grab the following three things:

BBQ sauce (16 ounces)
grape jelly (12-16 ounces)
little smokies (3 packages)

Completely empty both the BBQ sauce and grape jelly into a crock pot, then add the little smokies. Set the crock pot to warm. After about 2 hours, the jelly and BBQ sauce will be combined and little smokies ready to serve.


Growing up, one of my friend's mom would make these when we would watch football games at his house. Once I found out how easy the recipe is, I started making it myself. I remember thinking, grape jelly, really?

People will request you make this again. And again. Promise. Eventually, they will just expect it to be at your usual functions.


This post is linked up to some of the parties listed under my Show & Tell tab at the top of the page.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mallory,
    This is a great recipe for a group of hungry folks. It is a great appetizer! Hope you are having a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Happy St. Patrick's Day and Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...