Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Cinnamon Pull-A-Part

My Auntie Les made these for my sisters, cousins and I when I was in high school. They are so good, I asked for the recipe and have been making them since. As with many of the recipes I post, they are so easy! No yeast required - just assemble the night before, bake in the morning and voila!






18 frozen Rhodes rolls
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup instant vanilla jello pudding
2 Tbsp cinnamon, ground
1/2 cup butter, melted

 Grease a 10" bundt pan. Mix sugar, instant pudding and cinnamon in a bowl. Add 9 frozen dough rolls to the bundt pan. Sprinkle just less than half of the dry mixture over the rolls. Add the final 9 frozen dough rolls. Sprinkle the rest of the dry mixture onto the rolls. Melt butter and pour all over rolls. Sometimes I melt a little more than 1/2 cup because I don't feel like I cover all the spots well enough. The dry mixture doesn't all have to have contact with butter. Now cover with a damp cloth and leave out at room temperature to rise.

After waiting at least 8 hours, the rolls will have risen and are ready to bake. (The picture below is of rolls after 11+ hours. Whoops!)




After baking for 22-24 minutes at 350 degrees, the tops should be golden brown, as shown below.





Slide a knife or flat spatula around all edges of the bundt pan and center. Place whatever plate you would like to serve the rolls on, atop of the bundt pan, as shown below. Then flip the bundt pan and the plate together. Be careful because the pan will be hot so you may need to use a towel or oven mitt. The rolls should come out very easily.



Now pull apart your hunk of delciousness, pour a glass of milk and watch your Saturday morning cartoons.








Gooey goodness no one could resist.


This post is linked up to some of the parties listed under my Show & Tell tab at the top of the page.

5 comments:

  1. These look like the sticky rolls my dad makes every Christmas. :) I'll be pinning this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cinnamon topping is calling my name! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right, I cannnot resist this! What are Rhodes Rolls? I don't know if I have seen them before. Pinning this! I am a new Pinterest follower visiting from Ladybird Ln. Vicky from Mess For Less

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's one of my favorite cake!
    Your looks d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s !!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...