Wednesday, March 2, 2011

St. Patty's Specimen Art

I'm not sure how current I ever am on trends in DIY/homemade/etc. but for a while I saw subway art all over the blogs. I think it's really cute, but I've never made it myself. Eventually, I might. We'll see. Again, not sure if this is a trend I missed, or a newer one, but check this specimen art out!

Copyright Bev from Flamingo Toes

How perfect with St. Patty's Day just around the corner!

One of my favorite things about looking around blogland is all of the themed projects for holidays. I was looking at one of my favorite blogs, Flamingo Toes, and today she posted a suuuuper cute project/tutorial on how to make the St. Patrick's Day themed speciman art pictured above. She was inspired by this Halloween speciman art from the uber popular and one of my most favorite blogs, Tatertots & Jello. I love seeing a project posted online and using it as inspiration with your own twist for another project!

As if you need any more reasons to check it out, here's why I especially love this Lucky Clover Specimen Art made with fabric:

1. She was inspired by a post months earlier and actually remembered to use it to make it her own!

2. Right away, she mentioned being a "Silhouette free zone" here. That made me laugh and I can completely relate because I don't have one, which sometimes bums me out when I see what cute things people make with them.

3. She used fabric instead of paper! And as we all know from this post, I love fabric.

4. It reminds me of my grandpa who had actual specimens framed, the most memorable being beautifully colored and preserved butterflies! 

Copyright Bev from Flamingo Toes.

And now, as I come to wrap up this post...I'm wondering, is it St. Patty's or St. Paddy's? The tt's seemed right to me and then I realized I've seen it with dd's....Patrick has a t in it. Does that matter?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...