Sunday, February 20, 2011

Fabric: The. Best. Thing. Ever.

Maybe an overstatement. Probably not. I have not been sewing for long, but I loooooooove fabric. One of my favorite things is going to fabric stores and browsing the rows of bolts.

I will also admit, I have far too big of a stash for the number of projects I've completed. I have a hard time resisting adorable fabric, especially on sale. It is for this reason, I am recognizing this habit and not going to buy any more fabric until I deplete my stash a bit. I will keep you posted on my progress as well as any symptoms withdrawals I have.

Since I love fabric so much, I also love to show it off. Recently, I took a trip to SewPo for my first time. I love small fabric boutiques, but also shop on a budget (don't we all?) so I really didn't intend to buy anything....until the owner pointed out her 20% discounted 'Designer of the Week' fabric, which happened to be a local Portland girl named Erin McMorris and her Wildwood collection for Free Spirit. So as a sucker for local shopping (local fabric shop with local artist!), I caved and bought 8 fat quarters.


There are only 7 different ones pictured because I bought two of the second print from the left. Anyway, I thought I would make a lap quilt or something, until finding this fabric at Fabric Depot in the 50% off clearance section!!!


Not only did they have a bolt of one of my favorites (top right hand corner), but a couple new prints to complement what I already had.

Now to find the perfect quilt pattern to create a summer-y masterpiece!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! And oh how fun to see your post about this shop. I'm thinking my mother-in-law and I just may have to check it out... :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...