Friday, February 18, 2011

Delish Cookie Recipe

My mom came over tonight (sort of by surprise) and said
"These are seriously made from scratch?"
Thanks mom!
I have been making an effort to try new recipes in my cookbooks in order to know what's good or not by sticky noting what I thought of the recipe, what I would do different, etc. Tonight, I tried a recipe out of Betty Crocker's Simply Desserts that my dear friend Allison gave me. It was for White Chocolate Chunk Macadamia Nut Cookie. I couldn't resist making a few using semisweet chocolate chips, hence the black and white cookies above. I also just had white chips so mine weren't "Chunk" cookies.

I will be give my friend Michelle some of these for her birthday this weekend. We're going to the beach for the night and I'm really excited to get out of town. Please enjoy the recipe below!

Here it is:

White Chocolate Chunk-Macadamia Nut Cookies
Prep Time: 1 hour      
Start to Finish: 1 hour    
About 2.5 Dozen Cookies

1 cup packaged brown sugar           
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened (I used butter)
1/2 cup shortening (this stuff grosses me out, so I substitute 1:1 with butter)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 package (6 oz.) Swiss confectionery bars (white chocolate), cut into 1/4 - 1/2 inch chunks
1 jar (3.25 oz) macadamia nuts, coarsely choppped

Preheat oven to 350. Mix sugars, butter, vanilla and egg. Then, add flour, baking soda and salt to mix. Dough will be fairly stiff. Finally, add in white chocolate chunks or chips and mac nuts. Drop Tablespoons of dough onto cookie sheet. Bake for 11-13 minutes until golden brown.

1 Cookie: Calories 190; Total Fat 11g; Cholesterol 15mg; Sodium 100 mg; Total Carbohydrate 21g (Dietary Fiber 0g); Protein 2g

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...