Monday, February 21, 2011

Sneak Peak! - Baby Shower Suite

I absolutely love planning parties. I haven't actually planned too many of them, due to lack of funds. I would have a party for every holiday if I could afford it. However, this just means that the parties I do get to plan or assist in planning are that much more special.

My friend, Michelle, is due to have a baby the second week of March (so soon! yay!) and I finally mailed all the invites out for a "meet the baby shower" since the mom to be wanted everyone from out of town to celebrate at a shower, as well as come into town and get to hold the baby. Therefore, the shower is a couple Saturdays after the due date. This is such a fun idea to me!

I am in the process of finishing up the rest of the decor and plans but here is a sneak peak at the invites:


First, I stuck the Martha Stewart dogwood cherry blossom border (from Michaels) to light pink scalloped cardstock and trimmed the edges. Next, I glued the ribbon onto the salmon colored cardstock. Then, I glued the scalloped light pink cardstock to the salmon colored cardstock. I trimmed each piece of text as close as I could get to the edges and glued the party info onto the light pink cardstock. Before gluing the "meet the baby shower" square onto the front, I slid the edge of each "meet the baby shower" square on top of a glue stick, then dipped each side into a pile of green glitter to give them a little sparkle. The stamp was purchased from Michaels as well and was one that Michelle pointed out many months ago that "would make a cute baby shower invite." She was right!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...