After sharing a few pictures from last night's 4th of July celebrations, I'll give ya the recipe. Okie dok?
|My niece, Addison and her littlest buddy, Olivia.|
|The Waters Family in red, white & blue. Michelle's 4th of July blog post has a well lit picture, instead of my impatient, dark one. ;) It's on my list of things to do: practice changing camera settings more so I am comfortable when the moments come.|
|It's not a BBQ without a lawn game or two, right?|
Thankfully, Michelle made up for my lack of festive-ness and made a spectacular patriotic cake!
|I love how adorable this tiny little pennant banner looks!|
|Finally, just what each other needed.|
|Addison watching little street fireworks with our lovely host, Steph.|
|And back to their usual antics. Post-dessert mac 'n cheese.|
|Arguably my favorite part of the night - Ellie saying "look!...woah..." to the big fireworks in the sky.|
Manhattan Deli Pasta Salad
16 oz spiral pasta
1 bottle of Italian dressing (I use Kraft Light)
8 oz. feta cheese
2-3 roma tomatoes
1 package dry salami
1. Cook pasta noodles according to directions.
2. While the noodles are cooking, cut up cucumber, tomatoes and salami into salad size bits.
3. Drain the noodles and place into serving bowl.
4. Add cheese, cucumber, tomatoes, salami and olives.
5. Mix about half the bottle of dressing (maybe a little more) into the bowl and toss to mix up all ingredients.
6. Refrigerate until serving. Make sure to really scoop down to the bottom of the bowl and mix up again before serving because the dressing tends to sink to the bottom.
TIP: I keep just less than half (or about a third) of the dressing in the refrigerator because it seems to be a little dry after refrigeration overnight.