Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheat

I loooove cookies. I enjoy making them most of the time. Sometimes though, I get tired making the dough into balls. So, I cheat.


There are obviously far worse things to cheat on than this. Really, this is just making bar cookies from the dough, but look how great these are displayed as so:


I love the look, as it reminds me of a display at a bakery or something far more pulled together than my kitchen. Just bake in a pan (1/2 inch think of cookie dough) until golden brown and cut into thick strips and place in a tall jar of your choice. You could even add a cute ribbon tied around it to match your kitchen or to give as a gift!



You have got to try this recipe I used from The Girl Who Ate Everything. She isn't lying when she says this is the best dough ever. It may be the best dough I've ever tasted, and I've tried lots of cookie dough recipes. (If you've got a better one, post it in the comments. I want to taste!) When I made these, I omitted the butterscotch chips so they are just regular, extremely yummy, chocolate chip cookies.

Liberty Square Cookies
by Stephanie Jensen

1 lb unsalted butter (4 sticks ), softened
2 C. brown sugar
1 1/2 C. sugar
2 T vanilla
3 eggs
1 1/2 t salt
1 1/2 t baking soda
6 C. flour
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips ( or you can do both bags chocolate chip and don't add the butterscotch chips)
12 oz. butterscotch chips
Cream butter, brown sugar, sugar, vanilla, and eggs until creamy. Next add in salt, baking soda, and flour mixture. Fold in the chips. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Do not overcook.
Sometimes I use parchment paper to make sure they don't stick. This recipe is very touchy. Follow it exactly or it won't turn out. This is hard work for your mixer. I even had a hard time using a KitchedAid getting it all to fit. Probably would stick with a huge bowl and hand mixer. Makes 6 dozen.

Her Recipe Index is one of my go-to's when I want to try something new. Not that this recipe is crazy new or different, but I have never tired one of her recipes and not been completely thrilled I made it, hence I keep coming back. I even devoted a whole post to her amazing-ness a while back.

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of making them in bars and putting them in jars (didn't mean to rhyme there but it was nice, right?) A pretty ribbon would turn that into a great gift!

    Thanks for sharing the recipe, I'm pinning it to try soon. I'm your newest follower, came here from your comment on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...