Sunday, October 30, 2011

Not So Speechless Sunday: Project Pink


On this second to last day in October, Breast Cancer Awareness Month as you most likely already know, I'm participating in Project Pink hosted by The Artsy Girl Connection.  I had to, had to, had to share this increeeeedible cake from My Cake School. I have always loved white on white cakes and this one is so beautiful. I love the whimsy lettering. I really, really want to try my hand at something like this.

Fourteen years ago, I lost a woman I considered my second mom to cancer. I still have such vivid memories with her, like belting out Celine Dion in the car with her after school. Almost two years ago, I lost my grandpa to stomach cancer he most likely got from working in a nuclear plant nearly his whole life as a chemist. I cherish my memories of playing Uno with him, watching him do his daily crossword and fall asleep in his chair every afternoon like clockwork.



Below, all the links are listed of any one participating in Painting the Blog World Pink for a day:

1 comment:

  1. WOW, what a touching story.. Thanks so much for sharing it.. That cake looks too good to even want to eat ;)) Yum.. THANK YOU SO MUCH for joining in Project Pink Today. It means SO much to me and I am very grateful you joined in with all the wonderful women today to make this day such an amazing and beautiful awareness day.. TY TY SO MUCH!! Wishing you a wonderful weekend.. ~Marilyn
    PS: there's a linky available today for linking if you would like.. :)) http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/10/project-p-i-n-k-countdown.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...