Thursday, October 27, 2011

Homemade Breakfast Burritos

Whew! Today was crazy, busy but fun. I thought I'd quickly share something I made this last weekend to save time during the week. That's right, homemade breakfast burritos. I've seen them floating around pinterest and thought they were a brilliant idea. I definitely get sick of cereal every day - which is saying something, cause I do love cereal. There are mornings when I just feel like something with a little more oomph, sans the time to make oomph.


You can make them as healthy as you wish. You control the portion sizes and make them customized to each family member's taste. Just make sure to mark the outsides of the foil once wrapped if you make them different from one another.


Along with eggs, you can throw in chicken, bacon, ham, cheese, onion, pepper or any other filling you like. When you pull them out in the morning, microwave for 2 minutes and add salsa or ketchup, if desired.

I'm hoping to get a Saturday set aside here soon and make some freezer meals. I've got a handful of recipes on my Must Make Someday board on pinterest that I would love to try out soon!

2 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful idea! My son hates breakfast foods. He prefers egg and bacon sandwiches. These would be a fab idea to make for him! Thanks for the idea. I would be delighted to have you stop by and link this up to my VIP party this weekend! http://designergarden.blogspot.com/2011/10/vip-party-34.html Have a safe and happy halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time here at your blog and wanted to say i enjoyed reading this

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...