Tuesday, May 17, 2011

DIY Onesie & Matching Pants with Baby Booties

This an attempt to recreate the lost post that disappeared when Blogger was down last week. Take two!

I made these Itty Bitty Baby Booties for my friend Michelle's new baby, Olivia. She is closing in on 3 months now and keeps becoming more adorable.


Two things led me to create an entire matching baby ensemble using the Woodhaven Hearts fabric from JoAnn's. First, I had so much leftover fabric after making the booties, I probably could have made 5 more pairs, so I wasn't opposed to using a little more. Second, I had to use Heat 'n Bond to make the booties, which was a first for me and I fell in love with it. While I finished the booties, my mind raced with other ideas to use the Heat n' Bond for, such as the simple, DIY onesie pictured below.


I wanted to add a little something more to the onesie, so three little hearts were placed on the bum. The instructions included with Heat 'n Bond are simple and straightforward. Essentially, you iron the Heat 'n Bond on to the backside of the fabric. Then, peel off the backing, which at this point, gives you an iron-on transfer. Place it on whatever you wish (such as the onesie) and iron on to secure. For multiple washings, the instructions suggest sewing around the transfer. The hearts were so simple, I figured if they fell off, I'd just whip up another one to replace it.


I also ended up adding three more little hearts vertically on the bottom, left leg seam of these Carter's ruffled bum brown pants. Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of the pants for some reason. She has probably outgrown them at this point, which is a good thing being nearly 3 months old and the pants are newborn sized. Maybe I'll snag a picture of just the pants to add later next time I'm over at her house.

But really, if you've never used Heat n' Bond, it's just so simple, you have got to try it. The possibilities are really endless! Plus, I love matching gifts and it is just so easy!

1 comment:

  1. I will try to take some pics of this today for you! They are so cute and I love them so much. We just have to snag some pics before she outgrows the pants with her long legs. Fortunately, the shoes will fit her for a long time. And that's good because I love them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...