Sunday, May 8, 2011

Home Sweet Home

There is nearly nothing better about traveling, than coming home. And boy, does it feel good to be home. Putting toilet paper in the toilets to flush, brushing my teeth with tap water and finally, sleeping on a real bed with awesome pillows feels so nice. Oh, the conveniences of living in the States.

I ended up getting a cold the first couple days back home, possibly due to being on the go. Between catching up with my beloved friend, Kaycie, from Baton Rouge during her visit to Portland, celebrating my mom and sister's birthdays (same day, 50th & 21st!), as well as my dear friend Jo's college graduation, I really still feel like I'm on vacation and have had a hard time getting back to blogging. It has been quite a whirlwind and I go back to work tomorrow. However, I'm looking forward to a paycheck and getting into a routine where I can figure out when to craft of course.

This weekend, I did get to make cupcakes with my friend, Michelle from The One With the Cupcakes. We love attempting adorable cupcakes, but sometimes get a little distracted with all of the other amazing crafts our little brains want to try. While I was in Peru, this article was posted on my Facebook news feed and I shared it with Michelle.  It moved quickly to the top of our ever evolving, long to make list.

Photo credit: Beth Dreiling, Southern Living Magazine online.

Of course, we thought they would look better as cupcakes, so that's what we did. I'll post pictures tomorrow and let you know what we did differently than the article suggests in order to make cupcake sheep.

Thanks for following along on my backpacking trip through Peru! I had an amazing, unforgettable time and am now looking forward to getting back into crafting and baking.

Oh and one more thing! How could I forget. Happy Mother's Day to all the incredible, loving mommies out there! Especially to my own momma: you have always been there for me and have taught me so much, I cannot even imagine where I would be without you. Thank you for giving up everything you have in order to make my life better.

From the left: my mom (Valerie), little sister (Sarah), niece, sister (Hailey), aunt (Leslie), cousin (Meryn), grandmother (Shirley), cousin (Zach) and me!

I love this picture. The four moms picture above (mom, sister, aunt & grandmother) are some of the strongest women I know. I am so happy to have been able to learn from them and very grateful for their unconditional love for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...