Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 Year in Review

Well, I have been blogging for just short of a year here and absolutely love it. I really loved being able to look back on this year and see what I have done!

To start out, after traveling to Peru at the beginning of the year, I moved back to the town I grew up in with my sister, Hailey and my niece Addison. I have got to spend so much time with them that just wouldn't be possible if we didn't live together, let alone if we lived a hour apart like we did prior to Peru. From her first day of school, to playing in the pool, strawberry picking and having friends over, I just can't get enough of her. I also love the picture we got this year of everyone on my mom's side of the family, all women with the exception of my lone guy cousin. I went to my first NFL game thanks to my friend Jo. I spent numerous weekends in Portland with Michelle and her family, including seeing Sand in the City.



I took a cake class this year and have definitely improved my decorating skills. Other than that, it was mostly baking. If I had to pick one recipe to make from the 16 pictures below, it would be the cinnamon roll pancakes. Or no, the banana bread. Or the lemon poppyseed cupcakes with strawberry buttercream.


From left to right, top to bottom:
Bacon Wrapped Pepperjack Shrimp
Bacon Ranch Cheese Pull-a-Part
Dora the Explorer Cake
Brown Butter Dark Chocolate Chunk Toffee Cookies
Watermelon Waffles
Strawberry Stuffed French Toast
Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
Best Banana Bread Ever
Sheep Cupcakes
Oreo Cupcakes
Lemon Poppyseed Cupcakes with Strawberry Buttercream
Watermelon Cake Pops


Getting a sewing machine for my birthday this year was awesome and allowed me to more easily make my polka dot wallet I just adore. Plus, I made a handful of other crafts, most of them being gifts.


From left to right, top to bottom:
DIY Mail Organizer
Teacher's Survival Kit
DIY Kitchen Canisters
DIY Taggie Blanket
DIY No Sew Onesie + Itty Bitty Baby Booties
Handmade Wallet
DIY Coasters
Tin of Dates
I Love You Because...Frame


I am happy I started this blog to catalog my projects and recipes. It is fun to share and super helpful to have some of my favorite recipes online to access when I find myself needing one. Thanks for tagging along!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...