Friday, June 10, 2011

Seester's First Project!

As a fabric-aholic for barely over a year, it feels quite nice to have some company in the form of a convert - my little sis, Hailey.

Since I've showed her my too big stash and some projects I had in mind, she started accompanying me to the fabric store and since then, has created her own mini stash. The first project she wanted to do was for a friend's baby.

With a yard of light pink minky to match a yard of snuggle flannel print, I helped her make this awesome blanket. Sew both sides together and finish with a satin trim. This is just easy enough for a sewing newbie. Plus, the blanket is the perfect size for the car seat or stroller so as not to drag, I know the new mom will love it!



I'm so proud of her and can't wait to see what else she comes up with. A great way to make Friday night very productive, even after a day filled with moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...