Tuesday, July 3, 2012

One Album Down...

...three to go to check off number nine on my 25 Before 25 List. I've got my Middle School one, East Coast Trip and Kaycie & Erich's Wedding one left to do. All three are so close to complete.

A couple months ago I finished an album my Aunt Sue asked me to make for her. I completely forgot that I meant to post my favorite layouts from it. I started with these old albums, pulling photos and organizing them into pages for the new one, mostly chronologically.




On the very front page, I used a ribbon across the middle and then a large stamp to create a monogram in black ink on brown textured paper, framed by the cream paper. I really love the big stamps and how this turned out.


My aunt picked out the paper stack I used and I tried to keep the layouts simple to show off the pictures. I am still learning how to photograph scrapbook layouts, so my apologies in advance for the awkward angles and such. It's hard!

This is one of the first pages with my Papa Gerald. Black and white pictures are the best, dontcha think?


This may be difficult to see, but I really like the three small pictures at the bottom of this page. If you can't tell, it is my great grandpa and my aunt on the porch of their house. I didn't crop any of the photos for this album because I really just wanted to preserve the photos as they are now.


Along with not cropping any photos, I tried to incorporate all the photos my aunt had, even if that meant putting duplicates on one page, like the one below. None of the photos in the album are completely stuck down with double sided tape. Instead, I used the corner stickers so that every photo can be removed in case someone wants to digitize all of them some day.



This is my favorite page in the album. I think the posed photo (3 of the same) is simply adorable. My uncle's smile is so cute. And then, I just can't get over how stinkin' cute the pouf of my aunt's dress is in the photo on the top right hand side of the page.



On the very last page, I made a large pocket and stuck it down on the middle of the page to hold all of the extra (mostly duplicates) photos I couldn't quite fit in the album.


I could look at old photos forever, especially ones of my own family. Since both my grandparents on my mom's side have passed, we are in the process of digitizing all of their family photos. It feels like we will never finish, but I just love them.

Do you have any old black and white family photos scrapbooked or needing to do so? Please share  or post any links! I want to see!


This post is linked up to some of the parties listed under my Show & Tell tab at the top of the page.

2 comments:

  1. I just love old photos! I just finished making copies of all my grandmothers old photos to use in crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, btw I found you thru Tip Toe Thru Tuesday linky party!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...