Monday, July 23, 2012

Bacon Maple Cupcakes

Let's start out Monday right, shall we? Oh yes, that's right - with bacon.


We all know, I love bacon. I love maple syrup. I love cupcakes. So it only seems logical that when I saw this recipe from Picky Plate, I had to give it a go. I was soooo not disappointed. It is like the perfect bite of maple syrup covered pancake and bacon.


Also, for all you skeptics out there, you can't tell me you've never gotten a little syrup on your strip of bacon?


I promise all you salty and sweet fans will love these. My sister even said they should have more bacon on them, while her boyfriend noted they are the ultimate man cupcake. I couldn't agree more, with either of them.  

Bacon Maple Cupcakes
from Picky Plate

Ingredients

Cupcakes
1 yellow cake mix
1 box (3.4 ounce) instant vanilla pudding mix
4 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
12 strips bacon, cooked, crumbled

Maple Buttercream Frosting
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
2 3/4 cup powdered sugar
12 strips bacon, crumbled

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare your cupcake tins as you wish. Cook all 24 strips of bacon now, so it can cool and be crumbled.

Mix all of the cupcake ingredients, except bacon crumbles until well combined. Then, stir in bacon crumbles. Divide into cupcake liners, filling 2/3 to 3/4 full, depending on how full you like your cupcakes baked. Bake according to the box, or until tops are golden brown.

Meanwhile, prepare the delicious frosting. Mix butter and syrup until well combined. Beat in powdered sugar slowly, until combined. Frost cooled cupcakes. Top frosted cupcakes with crumbled bacon. Finally, taste all that is delicious and good in the world. You're welcome.


This maple buttercream is an absolute must. To. Die. For. I'm not exaggerating. It has an incredible flavor and so very perfectly compliments the sweet cupcake and the salty bacon. I'm planning on using the frosting for other treats at some point in the future.




Any questions? :)




A big thanks goes out to my step mom for bringing me back the different grades of pure maple syrup from Vermont. As soon as she gave it to me, I knew I wanted to use it in a baking recipe. I love pure maple syrup but hate how much it costs. I really do think it makes a difference in taste if you can afford to use pure maple syrup instead of the corn syrup based ones (check the ingredients list). Your generic grocery story will probably have a pure maple syrup that is less expensive than a brand label, but still 100% pure maple syrup. I know Kroger does. Don't let this stop you from trying this recipe out; I just think the flavor really pops in the frosting especially with the pure maple syrup.


This post is linked up to some of the parties listed under my Show & Tell tab at the top of the page.

4 comments:

  1. I followed you with my family blog (the {mr.} and the {mrs.}) and I wanted to follow you with my new blog since I love your stuff so much. Haha Hope you're having a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch Megan! I appreciate you stopping by!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...