Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Peanut Butter and Jelly Bacon Sandwich

A while ago, I had this idea. I wondered how delightful putting a couple slices of bacon on a peanut butter and jelly sandwich might taste...


I have been meaning to try it out for a while now - actually, since Olivia's 1st birthday party when we had leftover bacon from BLTs and the girls were having PB&J sandwiches that night. At my house, we don't always have bacon and when we do, it is generally gone very quickly. A couple weekends ago, we had some on hand so I cooked a couple extra pieces up so I could try it out. My little sister was over at my house and looked at me like I was crazy while I was assembling it.



Homemade raspberry jam, spoonful of peanut butter, one slice bacon broken in half between one slice of bread folded in half, makes for a super tasty treat!


I have such a weakness for bacon.




Have you got your bacon cooking yet?

 
Despite my sister's picky palette, she approved! She even said, "Maybe I can get mom to make these for my lunch." To which I said, "You should start making your own lunch." :) You're welcome mom.



But seriously, if you like salty and sweet and bacon and PB&J's separately, you will most likely love this combination. It's a fun way to add a wrinkle to the good ol' reliable PB&J. Let me know what you think!


This post is linked up to some of the parties listed under my Show & Tell tab at the top of the page.

2 comments:

  1. i've heard of this, but don't think i'd ever have the guts to try it... i bet that Elvis would've loved it! thanks for linking up to tip-toe thru tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make PB&Bacon sandwiches all the time, but I've never thought of adding jelly to the mix. I'm going to have to try this -- just as soon as I decide on which jelly to add. At the moment, I'm leaning toward orange marmalade . . .

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...