Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sand in the City

I spent this past weekend in Portland with the Waters family and my oldest friend from preschool (!) Stephanie. We went to Sand in the City in Pioneer Square which is a 3 day event where sand teams/architects construct sculptures out of 450 tons of sand and 4,500 tons of water in 6 hours. It was my first time and I was very impressed with the sand sculptures. Check them out! (All photo credit goes to Michelle Waters.)


My niece would have loved this scene. Ellie even recognized it, exclaiming "Doh."

"D D D D D Dora"

"I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map!" (Ingenious song lyrics. Must have ripped off Blue's Clues.)
Best friend Boots.

"Swiper, no swiping."

Not quite the movie, but a little more Harry Potter entertainment...





There were more, but now I want to share a couple adorable pics of Miss Ellie.


This balloon reminds me of Christopher Robins' in Winnie the Pooh.

This whole event benefited Impact Northwest. Their mission is dedicated to helping people achieve and maintain self-sufficiency and to prevent and alleviate the effects of poverty. Admission was by donation. It was a fun event to be a part of!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...