Thursday, January 26, 2012

Gingerbread Cookies

I have a handful of recipes to share that I made during the holidays and just didn't quite get posted. I'm posting them because you can still totally make them, despite being the end of January, or pin them for next holiday season! 



Never had I made my own gingerbread cookies until trying this recipe that I found on Culinary Concoctions by Peabody. As she points out, she adapted it from McCormick and Co. website. You know the spice brand? They are nice and soft so long as you avoid overbaking them.

3 cups flour
2 tsp. Ginger, Ground
1 tsp. Cinnamon, Ground
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. Nutmeg, Ground (I used fresh)
1/4 tap salt
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup molasses
1 egg
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 cup white chocolate chips

Mix flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt together. On medium speed, beat butter and brown sugar, until light and fluffy. Then add molasses, egg and vanilla, beating until well mixed. Finally, slowly mix in dry ingredients you combined at first on low speed, until all ingredients are well mixed. Refrigerate in airtight container or saran wrapped for at least 4 hours, or overnight.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place 1 inch dough balls, rolled in white sugar, 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges of cookies just begin to brown. If desired, place a Hershey kiss or a couple white chocolate chips in the middle of each cookie immediately upon removing sheet from oven. I didn't do this as immediately as necessary and my chips did not stick on the cookies because they didn't melt. Doesn't matter too much because they are tasty with or without a hint of chocolate.



Also, because I am a blog addict, I encourage you to hop on over to Culinary Concoctions by Peabody and check out her stuff. I really want to try these Triple Berry Filled Vanilla Bean Sugar Cookies. Bad. Like right now. Oh and her Snickerdoodle Hot Chocolate? Yes please!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...